Friday, November 5, 2010

StyleChat

ASSHOLE-Y




My views on any subject are usually extreme. I can not seem to find a close enough description of my kind, no matter how much political punditting I indulge in. So I declare myself a "Jambalayan", not too much salt or sugar and sometimes very opposing views. Yet, style is a much easier subject, a place where I get loose, let myself go and allow the boundaries of what is, to be all it can, except when it hurts and I resort to using my hands as shade over my eyes.. hate to watch a badly dressed woman! Sexist? Yes, unapologetically so..


Some ex's have accused me of showing too much interest in what they wear. Do not blame me for not wanting to be seen with an assorted medley of un-togetherness, an atrocity of an outfit that will linger on in the scarred memoirs of perished souls in the after-life, ages beyond alien invasion, where human fashion as we know it would be dinosauric, the magnitude of a tragedy beyond the existence of Mussolini or Kim Jong Il .. Okay, maybe not that serious but  I do detest a woman who has an awful sense of style. The world is very politically correct these days, honesty has become almost a sacred act! If your woman's taste stinks, by all means pull out the Listerine, kiss her after of course .. :D ..


My point being; style is everything-- an expression of your value for self. It can change a mood from "don't hire any new employees this fiscal year" to "hello, can you start on Monday?" Or say, a "babe, I don't feel like this party" to "no way in hell is she going out looking this gorgeous by herself". Most of my 20's has been bemoaned by tedious and gruesome long distance relationships (they have remained in the distance! lol, go figure) that have robbed me out of the pleasure of picking up a densely stylish woman walking down the stairs of some city condo... to me! Ah!, the hope of the night is just so relishing to my lower torso... There was once a lady who did that for me, she won't commit to me for lack of chemistry-- in her opinion of course cos to me she was salt and I was water, moving on... I can't focus on telling about style without interjecting myself, I am style, this is my style ...


My goal here is to help the not-so-stylish, non-free-spirited people to get a grip on it; Never come out on a date in that atrocious LVLX or Forever 21'ish accident of a dress that Carrie crawled down the stairs in for her make up date with Big in the sequel of S.A.T.C ... Yes, in that scene I believed in segregation; that black and white outfit was just not unifying to the senses... Just horrid.. All match-y like an Adisadel College uniform. Contrast a bit, clash a bit and if you are gonna match, by Jove be subtle with it. This isn't my best work but below is an outfit I'd wanna see on my girlfriend for a regular day at the office. I love the mustard on the purple and white flowery skirt.. Just elegant. Mind the hair, the accessories and the color tones of your makeup and lipstick Or holla at The Sons if you need help.. Ciao Bella..







This is an all-out Anthropologie fit, I've eyed that dress for so long but I'd only put it on a girlfriend! The ensemble is a little more matchy than I'd usually like but I think it works well if worn with the right flair.. Hair probably pinned up, nothing flowy. 

Sort'a like ...





As usual, unauthorized usage of all images, Pieces shown are made by Anthropologie, .. I'm giving style away, free for now.. :-)















No comments: